This is a question that we are often asked, the answer is YES.
In fact, a building permit is necessary for all new buildings, including temporary storage buildings, industrial buildings in kits, demountable hangars, agricultural buildings, etc. as soon as they have been installed for more than three months.
A building permit or a preliminary declaration must be completed and presented to the town hall in the municipality where the demountable metal structure is going to be installed.
A certificate stating when the building work is going to start and when it is going to be completed must also be provided.
There are however exceptions for which a building permit is not mandatory:
A rental period of less than or equal to 3 months.
Structures/Buildings associated with emergency housing.
- Temporary demountable buildings for schools
- Demountable structures for cultural, commercial, sports and tourist events (for as long as the event lasts and up to a maximum of one year).
- Modular buildings under 1.80 m.
- Temporary building/warehouse associated with maintaining economic activities (a maximum of one year if the demountable building is located within 300 metres of the site).
Procedures for specific cases :
- SEVESO SITE : Submit the Plan for the prevention of technological risks.
- ICPE SITE : Submit document PC25.
- FLOOD ZONE : Submit the flood prevention plan.
- SITE ALTERATION : Inform the Town Hall about this.
- ESTABLISHMENTS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC : In this case, it takes 6 months to obtain a building permit for this. Submit documents PC39 and PC40.